Seems like everyone’s publishing a Trends Report this year so we thought we’d play fortune teller as well and predict what that cookie holds for the year.
I’ll keep it short though - here’s what we think is on the up and some things that aren’t going to enjoy 2016 so much.
What’s going up
- Reality – virtual, augmented, mixed – it’s all getting seriously real. And it’s something we’re really serious about.
- Wearable tech and personal data – connecting to us on an emotional level – not just information for information’s sake.
- Data privacy – inextricably linked to wearable tech. All that data that may not be as personal as you think. It’ll be interesting to see how this one pans out.
- So much data…this year what’s big is the analysis and application of it all.
- Connectability – the internet of things, all things.
- Sustainability and how to create sustainable environments – living and working.
- Automation – automated responses and actions.
- AI – not to take over your job just yet but to make your job easier.
- Storytelling, rich content and even richer experiences.
- 360 video.
What’s coming down
- Banner ads.
- Digital marketing – as in the term – isn’t it all just “marketing”?
- An app for this, that and the other…we think apps on their way down – not out, just more focussed and consolidated.
- TV – in the traditional sense – this is a given and we’ve already seen it change so much, I think this year we’ll see whole audiences shift the way they view “TV”.
- Trend reports?
Want the long version? We’re always happy to share our thinking and get your thoughts so drop us a line.